PACT is a programme propelled by New Deal Organization to reorient our children to inculcate good values in our families thereby reducing indiscipline and crime.
We vehemently believe that the fight against crime begins at the grassroots, the home! We therefore implore parents to teach their children our thematic words such as Honesty, Conscience, Honour, Integrity, Courtesy, Respect and Patriotism and recommit themselves to a peaceful and steady growth of their children.
As role models, parents should have a positive impact by playing an active role in their children’s lives, by showing them love, protection, education, and teaching tolerance and respect for differences in culture, religion, language and etc. These core values will lead to discipline and drastically reduced crime rate and translate to a greater nation.
PACT initiated the Agreement between parents and children to reinforce the responsibilities of parents and children alike. In addition, PACT has initiated the Thematic Words programme. Equally, The Parent’s Guide was adopted to support the role of parents in the lives of their children.
GOALS OF THE PACT PROGRAMME
Our goal is to encourage parents to take leadership roles to reduce violence and crime rates amongst youths. Each parent should practice their responsibilities such as to: Protect our children, Educate our children, Discipline our children, Plan our children’s future, Love and care for our children, Teach them good moral values, Pass our own strengths to our children, Give them strength where we have weakness, Assist them in exploring and learning new things, Teach them honesty, honor, integrity, patriotism and etc.
If we collectively do these things, we would have succeeded to a large extent in extricating our youngsters from the deadly claws of crime and rebuilding our country bottom up.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PACT PROGRAMME
- Organize seminars for parents and youths on values and value reorientation in the quest for moral awakening
- To promote good traditional values and adjust them to meet current societal needs
- To raise awareness about the importance of developing good parental skills
- Raise awareness about the negative impact of illegal drugs and violence
- To provide a platform for parents and children to build a mutual understanding of each other needs
- To collaborate with relevant agencies and other non-governmental organizations to address criminality, restiveness and other vices
- Encourage the enthronement of good leadership at all levels of Government to provide the necessary atmosphere for good governance and job creation
- Orientation and sensitization seminars
- Establishment of a mentor programme with families abroad
- Partnership with superstars to create awareness
- Establishment of Children and Family Television and Radio Stations dedicated to family value programmes
- Information dissemination to target groups
- Charitable deeds to the less privileged
- Enlightenment campaigns to reach out to the population on a large scale
- Distribution of paraphernalia to reach our audience
- Distribution of souvenirs
- Promotion of sports as a viable means to positively engage the parents and children
- Promotion of cross culture exchange programmes
TEACH YOUR CHILDREN THE DEFINITIONS OF THEMATIC WORDS:
HONESTY : the quality of truthfulness, sincerity, not giving into lies, freedom deceit or fraud.
CONSCIENCE : the awareness of the moral or ethical aspect of ones’ conduct together with the urge to prefer right over wrong. The sense of right and wrong that governs a person’s thoughts and actions. A feeling of guilt and anxiety.
HONOUR : Personal integrity; allegiance to moral principle. To keep ones promise; fulfillment previous agreements.
INTEGRITY : Uncompromising adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
COURTESY : Polite behavior. Willingness or generosity in providing something needed. Common consent as opposed to right. Respectful, or considerate act or expression. Favour, help or generosity.
DISCIPLINE : Controlled behavior resulting from disciplinary training; self-control. A state of order based on submission to rules and regulations. To teach to obey rules or accept authority.
CUSTOMER SERVICE : The provision of service to customers before, during and after purchase. Activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction; that is the feeling that a product or service has met the customer's expectation.
RESPECT : A positive feeling of esteem or deference for a person or entity (such as a nation or religion), and also a specific actions representative of that esteem. Respect is both given and received. Respect cannot be measured as a quantity, cannot be bought or traded, it is one of those things that is earned and built over time, but that can be lost with one stupid or inconsiderate act. One can ask or beg for respect, but only others can bestow us with respect as a result their perceived treatment by us.
CONTENTMENT : The acknowledgement and satisfaction of reaching capacity. The level of capacity reached may be sought after, expected, desired, or simply predetermined as the level in which provides contentment. State of being satisfied and closely associated with happiness.
PATRIOTISM : A cultural attachment and devotion to one’s country; commitment to the laws of your mother land with a desire to ensure success.